A Bridge of Light is about connecting us with our own and each other’s humanity. Goodness and beauty–as reflected in music, books, photographs, stories, inspirational quotes, etc– will be shared. Let’s celebrate what makes life good and what can make it even better.
The Song that Inspired Me
My website used to be called “Building a Bridge of the Heart between China and the West.” I wanted to widen the lens, so to speak, and also wanted to keep China prominent by having it in my menu.
What new name would I choose? A song helped me out. As soon as I heard the lyrics, the melody and Pink’s powerful singing of “Bridge of Light,” I knew!
What Does a Bridge of Light Mean to You?
For me it’s about connection with self and others, in a spirit of love and understanding. I posed the question to a number of others. Here are their responses:
- “A rainbow. It means an opportunity to get somewhere better, to have a brighter future.”
- “Love, healing, higher purpose, higher vibration, connecting with our Higher Self.”
- “A bridge goes both ways. Going inside and discovering ourselves and amazing gifts we never knew we had…Then reaching out to those in pain who need to know what love is.”
- “A bridge of light helps us look back and connect the dots of our journey so far.”
- “Opening up to an unknown space. Discovering and trying to connect with it over an obstacle.”
- “The light of our souls. It helps us take one piece of anything and explore it and see connections with everything else. We can feel wonder, awe, respect. It’s huge and simple at the same time. That’s the magic…We just need to be open.”
“Definitely spiritual. I picture a beam of sunshine as a bridge. A connection between myself and something bigger in the Universe, a greater Being. I’ll call it God.”
What does a bridge of light mean to you? Care to share in the comments section below?